Friday, 15 June 2012

Sailing

On the pier railings I leaned
threw the vessel into the sea
that contained my heart that
I have stuffed inside
where it has grown to its full size
pressing against the sides wanting to
pop out.

Into the sea I threw it.

The sea being the only thing
standing between is and around us
so it theory it’s the distance of the sea that separates us.

In I threw it and said a prayer. I wanted it to have a safe trip.

I knew it would take a while to arrive to you
as the sea is longer then we can imagine
there more to it than our eyes can see
and it is more than we can measure

It had a long journey to come to you – so I waited.

At the other end you stood were you received it
so the vessel that contained my heart
had finally reached you, this I instantly knew.

You indeed felt my love through the bottle walls
as it radiated out of my heart and the rawness of my love
you saw and felt.

I never knew love before I had met you,
not the type of love I have with you anyway
I had never been loved before, not like in the way
that you love  me.

Now you have my love it will forever be with you. 

By Elena Kokonova

No comments:

Post a Comment