Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Autumn and Halloween are upon us!

There is no arguing about the arrival of autumn. Its definitely here. The leaves are falling, orange and yellowish hues are everywhere whether you live in a city or rurally you will be seeing the signs. That's not to say that there isn't summer feel days but the landscape just no longer looks the same. Now that we are in October the changes are becoming more evident each day and well we are almost at Halloween. My family didn't really get time to set up earlier this year but we have got together and set everything up today. Its exciting. My room is transformed with all the additions that give it such a Halloween atmosphere. Its a very lovely now that evertything is set up and I really feel it now. For me Halloween is a celebration that my family comes together and its a lot of excitment - getting the decor out and putting it around the house and deciding what we are going to make. I will update you on the decisions we make on the Halloween menu!

Now time for the pretty decorations that have gone up today :)


Pumpkins lights check:

 Here is the new display on my desk.
A pumkin with a ghost and another with a bat
 Ceramic sculpture of cat and bird and in the middle a pine cone candle!


One of the paining in my room with two gel ghosts. I put them so its like they are coming out the buildings. 

 Halloween sign on my bedside table
with my Owl lampshade :) which I love very much
(it isn't a decoration for Halloween).
 

This is the candle light decoration. The ceramic pumpkin has such a lovely warm glow. It really is magical. My dad bought it for me when I was probably 10 or 11 years old. Its been with us for a long time now.


The candle holder has a ghost and cobweb design that moves around as flame does.  At moments it really pops out. In the photo its just bright but its like a continuous animation thats so pleasant for the eye. I can imagine falling asleep to it with its gentle lull.






No comments:

Post a Comment