Tuesday, 27 January 2015

My New Year.



I can proudly say that it's not yet even the end of the month and I've read a non-fiction book - which is called The Other Wes by Wes Moore. The book tells a really powerful story. If you have a chance do read it. I'm also on my way to nearly finishing the book with a number in the title which is Thirteen Reasons Why - this is a young adult fiction novel. I discovered while browsing and so far it is a really fantastic read. The narrative keeps twisting and turning. I can't tell where it will go. That's one of the many reasons why I would say it's such a powerful narrative. Another reason why I'd say it is very poignant is that having had suicidal thoughts when I was a teenager and help total hopelessness I can understand the narrator. I feel her. I understand her. So already I've got 2 ticked off.  I've started the new year also ordering myself a bunch of personal reading books - not ones related to my university reading and this is very refreshing. Vivian versus the Apocalypse has already arrived. I haven't started it yet. Waiting on The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace, Port Chicago 50, Authority and Acceptance ( part of the Far Reach Trilogy). 
Moving on from my bookish resolutions my second resolution is to start working out and become more fit. I'm signing up tomorrow and I'll aim to go about 3 to 4 times a week. I'll have to update you on how this is going. This resolution is difficult for me because I need to get it done while I'm on campus and it's not something I can do while I feel like it. 

My last resolution is to drink more water. This I can do at my own leisure. It's more then a resolution its about changing my habit and just being more hydrated. 

These are my resolutions. I think its important to have them - no matter how small or how big, It's about progress. I always want to keep active and this resolutions are exactly about that. Yes part of it is to do with the new year but mostly it's personal. I don't want to set myself tasks I'll never achieve but tasks that I can progress through and develop as a person. 

I look forward to all the new things this 2015 year will bring. I hope you are too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment